Join Post 46
How to join American Legion Post 46
If you are veteran who has served honorably and would like to sign up to be member of our American Legion Post 46 family, you can contact the membership chairman at 931.588.3246 Ext. 701 or email: email@example.com and he will arrange a time / place to provide you with an application. You can also join at our General Membership meeting which is held the 1st Monday of every month @ the Veteran Building from 5:30pm to 8pm.
You will need to show proof of service with one of the following:
- VA Card, Active Duty CAC or Mil Retiree Card
- Real Drivers License with Veteran Distinction
The post adjutant or membership chairman will log in your information and then transmit the form to the department headquarters. The department will forward the information to National Headquarters, usually within a week. At that time, the information will be logged into the national system. You will then be provided with your new membership card.
Once a member, you also can save time, effort and postage by renewing your membership online or with one of our Post Officers.
Members can simply go to www.legion.org/renew and click “Renew Now” to safely and conveniently pay their dues.
Benefits of American Legion membership
Regardless of whether a member joins via pencil or computer, the membership benefits will include:
• Discounts: These practical, money-saving discounts for you and your family will easily save you many times the cost of your annual membership dues.
• Magazine: Our nation’s leaders speak directly to citizens on the pages of The American Legion Magazine. The monthly magazine features in-depth analysis, historical stories, Q&As with high-profile officials, news about veterans issues and much more.
• Voice on Capitol Hill: The American Legion is the nation’s most influential, effective and dependable advocate of veterans affairs, fighting for better active-duty pay, improved housing for active-duty families and helping to ensure that VA’s medical system is effectively serving those who served.
• VA benefit assistance: Your membership helps support department service officers nationwide who assist veterans in preparing claims and obtaining their full military health-care benefits through VA.
American Legion Post 46 is all about taking care our veterans and supporting youth programs. Come be a part of the GREAT EFFORT!!!